In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Medical Secretary/Transcriptionist is responsible for performing secretarial and transcription work for the director of the department. Records and files information. Performs other clerical duties. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent training and/or experience including completion of secretarial sciences courses or two year's clerical experience
· Interpersonal, typing skills and medical terminology
· Ability to read, write and do math as generally demonstrated by a high school diploma or GED
1. Supports duties for pathology dictation.
2. Transcribes for cytology cases.
3. Answers in-coming calls.
4. Serves as customer resource contact.
5. Receives customers at front window.
6. Performs a variety of clerical duties.
7. Investigates problems and errors and takes steps necessary to correct.
8. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.