In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Hyperbaric Technician is responsible for performing a wide variety of patient care activities while supporting the medical and nursing plan of care. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Current licensure in the State of Ohio as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
· Must possess an N.A.P.N.E.S., O.O.P.N.E. or State Board of Nursing card prior to administering medications
· Some ambulatory experience preferred
· Successful completion of the required validation for the Center for Wound Healing
· Verbal, clerical, numerical, and manual dexterity, color vision and near visual acuity
1. Assists in patient preparation for treatment.
2. Reinforces education as it relates to hyperbaric therapy.
3. Keeps complete and accurate patient records as they pertain to treatment documentation.
4. Performs duties and procedures as directed by Program Director, Medical Director, and in some cases the Clinical Nurse Manager.
5. Performs hyperbaric chamber operations and system maintenance as required.
6. Supports clinical hyperbaric facility accreditation.
7. Participates in safety program.
8. Maintains competencies, continuing education and certifications as appropriate.
9. Utilizing data software for wound management.
10. Make appropriate entries for daily hyperbaric treatments and wound care clinic visits including photo uploading, intake and discharge documentation.
11. Lift patient or transfer.
12. Need to be able to hear patients and staff. Also listen to equipment for malfunctions.
13. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
14. Completes required competencies.
15. Perform intake and discharge of Wound Center patients.
16. Maintains compliance in RQI.
17. Assists in educating patient and caregivers on wound care and other pertinent topics.
18. Performs prescribed wound care treatments.
19. Completes chart audits as needed.