In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Sonographer is responsible for operating ultrasound equipment to obtain diagnostic images. Assists radiologist with interpretation of ultrasound images. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Associates Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography or Radiologic Technology
· Certified with the RDMS Certification within two years of employment but must sit for at least one part of the exam within the first year; or ARRT/CCI Certifications with Ultrasound credentials and General Ultrasound training and/or experience required
· BLS certification required
· The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in the diagnostic imaging area
1. Operates the ultrasound equipment to obtain quality diagnostic images utilizing the scope of practice for diagnostic medical sonographer as defined by SDMS and in compliance with the Ohio Department of Health rules and regulations.
2. Provides a sonographer's impression.
3. Maintains adequate stock of supplies by checking inventory regularly.
4. Assists with the rotation of diagnostic imaging students (Radiology, Ultrasound, etc.) in the general Ultrasound Department.
5. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Diagnostic Imaging or Radiology Supervisor (scheduling patients in conjunction with Stress Lab and Outpatient Scheduling departments; taking call for the department of a rotational basis; train new employees).
6. 75% attendance at monthly department meetings (9/year).
7. Enter orders correctly.
8. Properly utilizes multiple computer systems (Meditech, Chartmaxx, and iSite).
9. Maintains compliance in RQI.
10. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.