In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant is responsible for performing physical therapy treatments for patients. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program
· Licensed in Ohio as a Physical Therapy Assistant
· One year experience as a LPTA preferred
· BLS certification required
· Maintain compliance in RQI
· Requires excellent interpersonal communication skills, excellent eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, and basic numerical skills
· Must be capable of assisting with transfer lifting of patients
· LPTA assigned to West Virginia accounts will be required to also have License in West Virginia as a Physical Therapist
1. Applies treatment modalities and techniques in a safe and effective manner according to the established plan of care as well as in accordance with departmental policy and procedures.
2. Demonstrates effective teaching skills.
3. Completes documentation in a thorough and professional manner and in accordance with all policies, procedures, and in compliance with HFAP standards.
4. Collaborates with other providers to facilitate the optimal outcome for each patient.
5. Maintains compliance in RQI.
6. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary