In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Telecommunications Engineer is to assist with the administration of enterprise telecommunications systems. Assists with telecommunication projects' including facilities purchases, system migrations, departmental moves and any adds/changes. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
· Associates Degree preferred
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in hospital telecommunications operations required or minimum of 2 years of experience in direct customer service contact required
· Additional training in telecommunication systems preferred
· Employee must have evidence of formalized training on telephone system and switches within the past 3 years
· The ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
· The ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
· The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
· Expert proficiency in the use and administration of telephone switches, administration of voicemail systems and proficient in the physical wiring constraints of Ethernet via UTP cable
1. Reviews, analyzes, evaluates and maintains an organization's telecommunications system.
2. Assists in the design, development and testing of telecommunications software solutions.
3. Provides customer training of the telecommunications features and functionality provides administration and daily operations of cabinets, associated line cards, and voice mail system.
4. Assesses calls to the IT help desk.
5. Resolves issues with our customers in a timely manner.
6. Requests help from other IT resources.
7. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that promotes favorable working relationships with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
8. Provides after hours (24x7) on call support on a scheduled rotation; General office and hospital environment; moderate levels of stress may occur at times.
9. Assures customer's telecommunication and computer based business needs are met and communicated.
10. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.