In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Shift Coordinator is responsible for managing and supervising activities in an assigned nursing area, on a specific shift. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Current licensure in the State of Ohio as a registered nurse required
· Minimum of three years of clinical experience preferred
· Attend leadership classes/ Frontline 50
· BSN preferred
· Current ACLS and BLS certification required
· Verbal and written communication skills
· Manual dexterity, color vision and near visual acuity
· Demonstrates leadership skills
1. Provides input for annual appraisal of staff in a timely, accurate and fair manner.
2. Assists with Chart reviews/Audits.
3. Maintains clinical competences.
4. Participates in hospital-wide and unit activities.
5. Assists with interviewing and hiring process as requested.
6. Coordinates new employee orientation/education/on-the-job training.
7. Assists with scheduling/staffing issues as requested.
8. Assists with patient issues/concerns as required.
9. Assists with disciplinary action when requested.
10. Serves as resource person to other staff.
11. Performs functions of a charge/staff nurse when required.
12. Obtains required assessments and collects needed data.
13. Contributes to the development of a plan of care.
14. Implements and monitors nursing interventions.
15. Provides timely, adequate teaching to patient/family/significant other.
16. Consistently documents assessments, interventions and outcomes in Meditech.
17. Serves in Charge Nurse/Team Leader role as assigned.
18. Has the authority and responsibility to hire, transfer, suspend, lay off, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward, discipline, direct, or recommend such actions by using independent judgment with Manager/Director oversight.
19. Completes and conducts employee performance evaluations based on direct observation of their employee's job performance with Manager/Director oversight.
20. Granted authority to perform the supervisory duties and are held accountable for performing such duties.
21. Performs hourly rounding.
22. Utilizes A.I.D.E.T. with all patient interactions.
23. Assists with nurse leader rounding.
24. Maintains compliance in RQI.
25. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
26. Assigned and assist as super user for completion of incident report.