In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Float Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for rendering professional nursing care in accordance with departmental policies and procedures at various clinic locations. This position directs and guides patient education. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Behavior and exercises strict confidentiality at all times. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High School Degree or GED required
· Completion of an accredited LPN school
· Healthcare experience preferred
· Licensed in the State of Ohio as a Licensed Practical Nurse and West Virginia
· BLS certification required
· Demonstrated proficiency in clinical setting, knowledge and skills
· Knowledge in documenting and maintaining electronic health records
· LPN assigned to West Virginia offices will be required to also have License in West Virginia as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to contribute to a nursing plan of care, nursing interventions, and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient through knowledge of clinic policies and procedures. Under the direction of the provider, responsible for providing and recording sample medications to patients. Demonstrates knowledge of commonly prescribed medications, including administration technique, action, dosage, and side effects.
- Identifies patient care problems and communicates them to the provider by observing patients. Documents patient intake including vital statistics, verification of allergies, past history, updated medication list, and review of system findings as stated by patient or delegate. Performs assigned nursing procedures and treatments as ordered and within scope of practice with appropriate, timely documentation. Assists in patient education as needed
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care by authenticating all entries in the medical records and maintains office records and logs as directed by the supervisor.
- Collect specimens and appropriately fills out forms in accordance with department/unit standards
- Submits prescriptions under the provider's direction and ensures that all prescriptions that are called, written or sent electronically to the pharmacy are documented in the patient medical record at the time of execution after an appropriate physician order is given.
- Maintains compliance in RQI.
- Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.