In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Occupational Therapist is responsible for evaluating patients, establishing TX plans and administering medically prescribed therapy to restore function following disease, injury or disability. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Occupational Therapy required
· Current Ohio Occupational Therapist license required
· NBCOT certification required
· BLS certification required
· Maintain compliance in RQI
· Requires excellent interpersonal communication skills, excellent eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, and basic numerical skills
· Must be capable of assisting with transfer lifting of patients
o Pediatric Rehabilitation Additional Requirements: Licensed in WV as an Occupational Therapist and licensed driver with insurance in state of residence.
o Inpatient Rehabilitation Additional Requirements: Licensed in West Virginia as an Occupational Therapist.
1. Completes therapy evaluations based on diagnostic and prognostic testing methods.
2. Independently provides treatment modalities and techniques in a safe and effective manner according to departmental policy and procedures.
3. Demonstrates effective teaching skills.
4. Completes documentation in a thorough and professional manner and in accordance with all policies, procedures, and in compliance with HFAP standards.
5. Collaborates with other providers to facilitate the optimal outcome for each patient.
6. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.