In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Patient Access Analyst will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all Patient Access systems. The Analyst will work closely with the Denials Management department to analyze Revenue Cycle front-end denials and edits and create rules for denial prevention. Patient estimates will be audited by the Patient Access Analyst to ensure accuracy. The Analyst will also be responsible for education to Patient Access staff and the quality review program. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Bachelor's degree in business or healthcare-related field
· Previous experience as an Analyst will be considered
· Demonstrated ability to develop and deploy complex computer/application adult learning/training curriculum
· Requires keen analytical thinking, excellent verbal and written communication, and change management skills
· Must understand and use an analytic driven process to develop recommendations that are both meaningful and actionable
· Expert user of MS Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Word to create engaging presentations, job aids, process maps, and electronic data
· Typing, spelling, basic medical terminology, interpersonal skills and familiarity with computers
· Ability to accurately gather and interpret data related to the patient registration process
· Ability to communicate with patients and family members in stressful situations
· Ability to professionally represent the hospital to patients, physician offices, and family members
1. Provides safe environment for care of patients.
2. Works closely with IT staff to maintain Subject Matter Expert (SME) status on all patient access systems / applications / databases / phone & recording software.
3. Analyzes denials and claim edits to identify opportunities for process improvement.
4. Create/write rules and maintains current QA system.
5. Analyzes estimates generated by Patient Access for accuracy.
6. Collaborates with various departments on external and internal changes that can impact the registration, scheduling, and pre-authorization process.
7. Identifies and creates job aids for continuous education to staff. Maintain job aid library.
8. Administers quality review program by evaluation/observation of staff work against quality standards.
9. Identification of individual and unit education needs. Creates and assists with delivering relevant new hire, refresher, change, and developmental training.
10. Responsible for supporting Patient Access operational process improvements in scheduling, pre-registration/verification, financial counseling, registration, pre-certification, POS collections, and financial clearance by performing focused analysis of reports and providing feedback and problem-solving education to address findings.
11. Promotes and supports Memorial Health System's Expect More Greatness philosophies and positive patient experience in all endeavors.
12. Performs all other job duties as required.