This position's focus is in Enterprise.
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Applications Analyst is responsible for providing proficient, professional, and skilled support to implement effective technology and information best practices using Meditech 6.1X financial and administrative applications and other third-party software. Additionally, the candidate uses knowledge and experience in a self-directed approach to assist in developing and implementing computer application solutions, which includes evaluating functionality of information systems and department workflow processes and identifying and assisting in the resolution of issues. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and always exercises strict confidentiality.
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Accounting, Health Care or related specialty required.
· A minimum of 5 years of relative experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
· Two years of systems analysis experience in a health care environment preferred.
· Knowledge of advanced computer hardware. Experience with desktop and server operating systems.
· Extensive application support experience preferred.
· Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
· Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
· Strong documentation, planning and organizational skills.
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and conception skills.
· Above average written and oral communication skills.
1. Works collaboratively with Meditech 6.1X support staff, service providers, and other IT areas to perform problem diagnosis and implement resolution in order to maximize efficiency and achieve quality outcomes and performs follow up monitoring to ensure data integrity and successful resolution.
2. Serves in an on-call capacity to troubleshoot and mitigate urgent and high-level system issues occurring after-hours and on weekends.
3. Accurately and efficiently creates and maintains policies and procedures to ensure in accordance with best practice guidelines and regulatory policies
4. Provide technical guidance for evaluation of software application.
5. Analyze and review enhancements for compatibility and adhere to operating guidelines and integration testing when necessary
6. Provide technical expertise and assistance in designing, testing and developing applications
7. Monitor application for compliance to standards and policies
8. Manage allocation and implementation of tasks and provide assistance with projects
9. Collaborate with cross functional teams to maintain efficiency, consistency and achieve successful implementation of application
10. Implement best practice functionality, and perform follow up monitoring to ensure successful implementation, and adheres strictly to change control requirements
11. Effectively handles multiple projects and many activities simultaneously.
12. Assists management in developing department workflows, policies, and procedures.
13. Communicates effectively in both written and verbal format following the AIDET model
14. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
Applications Analyst (Enterprise):
1. Accurately and efficiently creates and maintains dictionaries in accordance with best practice guidelines and regulatory policies.
2. Tests application enhancements and conversions in TEST before implementing in LIVE to implement best practice functionality and perform follow up monitoring to ensure successful implementation.
3. Adheres strictly to change control requirements and performs regularly scheduled audits to ensure TEST environment mirrors LIVE.
4. Provides concise and timely communication of project and issue status to management, users, and peer team members in a fast-paced changing environment.
Applications Analyst (Service Desk):
1. Provide high level Service Desk applications and software support
2. Create functional design document and other relevant documents for end users.
3. Provide training for consumers and service desk staff
4. Analyze system capacity and modify procedures to solve interface problems
5. Prepare and present status reports, ad hoc reports, records and training material to end-users and staff
6. Collaborate with quality assurance team to identify issues and escalate them to appropriate teams