In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Registered Nurse is responsible for rendering professional nursing care and directs and guides patient teaching and activities of ancillary personnel. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Current licensure in the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse
· BLS and annual stroke education certification required upon hire
· ACLS, PALS and TNCC required within 1 year of employment
· ASLS certification preferred upon hire
· Stroke Education is required during orientation, and may include, but not limited to, access to stroke policies, completion of on-line stroke module education, NIHSS, ASLS & T-PA administration
o BPR ER Additional Requirements: NRP within 1 year of employment
· Verbal, clerical, numerical, and manual dexterity, color vision and near visual acuity
1. Participates in bedside shift report/handoff.
2. Performs hourly rounding.
3. Obtains required patient assessments and reassessments per nursing policy.
4. Coordinates timely, adequate teaching to patient/family/significant other in preparation for discharge and documents appropriately.
5. Implements and monitors nursing interventions.
6. Consistently documents assessments, interventions and outcomes in Meditech within required timeframe.
7. Participates in interdisciplinary rounding and collaborates with team members to identify patient needs.
8. Recognizes changes in patient conditions and communicates with physician using SBAR.
9. Effectively manages patient care and delegates appropriately according to the needs of the patient and the skill of the caregiver.
10. Utilizes appropriate interpersonal communication which facilitates productive relationships with other team members.
11. Facilitates a positive and caring relationship with others by utilizing trust and mutual respect.
12. Establishes a therapeutic relationship between patient, family and self, based on empathy and trust.
13. Promotes a positive patient experience.
14. Seeks help from appropriate resources as needed.
15. Maintains current knowledge of and practices within the scope of hospital policies.
16. Clarifies any unclear communication between members of the healthcare team.
17. Uses proper channels of authority in communicating information.
18. Demonstrates ability to triage patients effectively and maintains competency.
19. Collects Data related to physical, psychological and psychosocial health status.
20. Develops a plan of care and teaching plan based on assessed needs of patient and family. Revises same as diagnosis and needs dictate.
21. As part of the nursing process, performs admission, handoff, transfer and discharge procedures.
22. Coordinates with physician's plan of care, the admission assessment and discharge needs.
23. Utilizes A.I.D.E.T. with all patient interactions.
24. Maintains compliance in RQI.
25. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.