In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Service Improvement Coordinator is responsible supporting the provision of service excellence by serving as a liaison between hospital staff and patients to respond to patient concerns and facilitate resolution; coordinates patient experience efforts in the clinics and assists in identifying areas for service improvement based on daily interactions. Tracks, trends and manages grievances, ensuring effective resolution. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Bachelor's degree required; degree in psychology, social work or communications preferred
· Minimum two (2) years' experience in customer service, guest services, or health care-oriented setting, involving continuous interaction with the public
· Familiarity with medical terminology preferred
· Strong written and verbal communication, listening, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Ability to build relationships, persuade, resolve conflict, coordinate activity across multiple areas
· Emotional maturity and ability to handle stressful situations
· Word processing and data entry/report generation
1. Documents and investigates patient complaints and grievances by responding to patients, families, providers and team members in a timely manner as outlined in our policies.
2. Investigation of complaints and grievances including interviews with patients, families, providers and team members including Corporate Compliance to investigate issue clarification, medical record review, policy and procedures review to resolve concerns.
3. Strives to achieve resolution at the most appropriate level, conducting follow-up and resolution communications to patient/families and internal team and appropriate documentation.
4. Provides reports and partners with leadership to create action plans around patient grievances/complaint investigation and opportunities for improvement.
5. Complies with CMS Condition of Participation and HFAP requirements regarding responding to patient/family concerns, complaints and grievances.
6. Assists with service excellence team initiative across the system.
7. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.