In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Registration Receptionist is responsible for maintaining a positive office image, communicating patient and office needs by answering the phone, scheduling appointments, daily patient charges such as copays and payments made, and maintaining files and supportive services to the overall efficient functioning of the medical practice. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required
· Minimum of 1 year relevant experience required
· In lieu of experience, Associates Degree may be considered based on relevancy of experience
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in a medical practice environment preferred
· Ability to perform clerical tasks, including ability to follow directions
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and computer skills
· Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
· Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals
1. Receives and directs phone calls to appropriate person and serves as the receptionist for the department by responding in a helpful way to all inquiries, answering telephone by following Hospital telephone etiquette guidelines, taking phone messages are documented accurate and complete, and screening call to determine the urgency and nature of the call and either refers calls to the appropriate staff/manager or takes a message and maintaining office records and logs as directed by supervisor.
2. Demonstrates appropriate use of AIDET when registering patients.
3. Enters new patient data and/or verifies patient records are up-to-date, confirms the completeness of the electronic health record (EHR), makes changes as necessary, and completes an accurate registration.
4. Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits on each patient.
5. Collects out-of-pocket liabilities from patients upfront and applies and reconciles daily point-of-service cash reports.
6. Refers patient accounts to financial counselors when further explanation/education is needed regarding out-of-pocket liabilities, payment plans, etc.
7. Operates a variety of office equipment effectively.
8. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.