In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the EEG Technologist is responsible for providing electroencephalograms for the measurement of electrical activity in the brain, preparing data for interpretation and ensuring timely patient results. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· LPN Licensed by the state of Ohio with at least 1-year experience as an LPN.
· Certified Respiratory Therapist with 1 year respiratory or EEG experience.
· BLS required.
· Must be willing to take online study and/or attend courses in EEG.
· Must be willing to take national credentialing exam upon completion of educational and clinical time requirements.
1. Collect, analyze, and integrate patient information in order to identify and meet the patient specific needs (Physical/mental limitations, current emotional/physiological status regarding the testing procedure, pertinent medical/social history), and perform testing procedures in accordance to the physician order.
2. Complete and verify documentation.
3. Explain testing procedures to the patient.
4. Prepare and calibrate equipment required for testing to determine proper functioning and adjust to optimize viewing of the nervous system.
5. Apply electrodes according to accepted published standards.
6. Responsible for quality testing by analyzing and evaluating results, making decisions and solving problems
7. Generates accurate reports by summarizing technical data
8. Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and standards regarding safety and infection control issues.
9. Ability to manage clinical seizure and/or other medical emergencies as required
10. Maintains equipment according to manufacturer's recommendations
11. Bills accurately and timely for procedures
12. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.