In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Credentialing Coordinator provides administration and coordination of all credentialing, recredentialing and delegated credentialing activities. Ensures the needs of the local medical staff offices are met through efficient systems and processes in compliance with applicable accreditation and government agency standards and requirements. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
· Associate's Degree in Health Information Services, or 10+ years of relative experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement required.
· Certified Medical Staff Coordinator (CMSC) preferred.
· Previous experience with medical/staff functions, medical staff bylaws and credentialing preferred.
· Must be able to organize an extensive variety of duties and meet deadlines.
· Must know medical staff organization structure and inter-relationships, HFAP medical staff standards.
· Strong computer skills.
· Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
· Strong interpersonal skills along with demonstrated verbal and written communication skills needed.
1. Coordinate medical professional appointments by application sent/received/reviewed and missing information requested; prepare and send reference/affiliation verification letters; on-line queries for verifications of training, certifications, and licenses; review by Chairs and Committees, approval by Board; approval – privileges sheets, notifications to providers and staff; and new provider entered into databases; permanent file established.
2. Coordinate medical professional reappointments by information data sheet sent/received/reviewed and missing information requested; coordinate data for quality packet, ie. Information from permanent files, queries as required (Ohio license, OIG), physician individual by Board; notify providers of approvals; and update privilege sheets and databases, file reappointment packet in permanent file.
3. Manage resignations through closing file to include MD Query update, NPDB, Privilege Sheet, notifications; and pulling file from permanent file and prepare for scanning.
4. Maintain current copies of licensure, certifications, certificates by requesting and/or accessing, printing, and filing current copies of all required licenses, certifications, and certificates.
5. Update information in databases (Expirations, Data Sheet, MD Query) as changes occur
6. Assist as needed in the coordination of activities for the medical staff officers/department chairs for both Marietta Memorial Hospital and Selby General Hospital.
7. Clerical duties as required.
8. Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.