In an environment of continuous quality improvement, performs laboratory analysis and reports results. Obtains samples for analysis; draws blood for blood bank.
1. Performs specimen testing (manual and automated) and operates various laboratory instruments.
2. Obtains blood samples for analysis in the hospital and at off-site
3. Oversees maintenance and trouble shooting of equipment and procedures.
4. Direct and train students and new lab employees in procedures and operation of instruments.
5. Replenishes supplies and maintains adequate stock in working area.
6. Under direction of the section supervisor researches and evaluates new products, procedures, and equipment.
7. Performs other related duties.