Certification of completion of a Medical Assistant program required.
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, assists the licensed
staff in the delivery of patient care.
- Documents nursing intervention, patient response, effectiveness and/or complications.
- Assesses patients, including vital statistics.
- Verify all recent UDS and tests are on the chart for the visit.
- Documents assessment of patients. Relays patient needs to physician.
- Reconcile Medication list
- Prepare medication.
- Performs assigned nursing procedure and treatments.
- Provides a safe, pleasant and comfortable environment for the patient.
- Assist in patient education
- Complies with all safety and infection control standards appropriate to this position, including cleaning.
- Code procedures or check codes that have been prepared.
- Coordinate prescriptions under provider direction.
- Record entries in the medical records.
- Stocks exam rooms.
- Answer phones and return calls to patient/give test results as instructed.
- Coordinate referrals to other specialists, Pre- Auth/Pre-Certs
- Assist in completing forms such as disability forms, workers comp,etc.
- Maintain office records and logs as directed by your supervisor.
- Other duties as required.