This position is in Clinic Operations/Float Department.
High School Diploma or GED. Two-five years experience in a medical practice environment OR Associate’s Degree in Medical Office Administration.
Under broad supervision, perform the duties as receptionist. This includes maintaining a positive office image, communicating patient and office needs, and maintaining files and supportive services to the overall efficient functioning of the medical practice.
- Manages incoming calls, schedules appointments, registers patients, handles payments on accounts and medical co-pays, reviews and corrects super bills for accuracy, verifies current demographic information with patient and makes corrections in the computer system.
- Initiates new patient/client charts, generates daily schedule for physicians and nurses.
- Insure waiting areas are clean and tidy. Dispose of magazines, maintain plants, etc.
- Greet patients, provide necessary services to fulfill aspects of encountering protocol such as completion of demographic sheets on all patients and obtaining copies of insurance information.
- Handle medical records requests, entering record changes into the computer, and insures correct release of information.
- Process and file correspondence, reports, office notes, and transcription into patient’s charts, mail or interdepartmental mail.
- Confirm new/established patient appointments for following day.
- Maintain office records and logs as directed by your supervisor.
- Responsible for entering daily patient charges. Out-patient charges must be entered by the following business day by 10:00 a.m.
- Responsible for in-patient billing which must be entered by the 29th of each month. .Abide by billing protocol for registration, encountering, batching, and deposits. (See daily charges/moxes).
- Other related duties.