It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Patient Care Technician|
|Facility:||Marietta Memorial Hospital|
|Shift:||12 Hour Shift|
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, assists registered nurse
and licensed practical nurse in the delivery of patient care. PCT is responsible for processing physician orders and accurately recording appropriate information. Advises hospital departments on patient activities and maintains communication within and between nursing units.
1. Provides safe environment of care for patients.
2. Maintains strict confidentiality at all times.
3. Provides patient care as assigned by charge nurse/team leader.
4. Coordinates clerical functions to ensure smooth flow of information.
5. Assists with teaching the patient/family/significant other.
6. Consistently documents necessary information in Meditech.
7. Assists in the maintenance of supplies and equipment.
8. Performs other related duties.
Minimum Education/Experience Required: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
training and/or experience; Ability to read, write and do math as generally
demonstrated by a high school diploma or GED. Current certification or willing to obtain within one year or currently enrolled in a nursing program.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Training: Oral communication and manual dexterity. Strong interpersonal skills. Prefer prior experience.