Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with registration in the State of Ohio or West Virginia as appropriate. Must be able to demonstrate the use of medical and surgical equipment, also telephone, CRT, fax and copier. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide age appropriate care to patients in the designated unit. Age group definition follows in specific duties.
Summary of Responsibilities: Renders professional nursing care. Directs and guides patient education.
- Documents nursing intervention, patient response, effectiveness and/or complications. Communicates this information to the registered nurse or physician. Draws blood work, processes or sends to lab.
- Assesses patients, including vital statistics.
- Documents assessment of patients. Relays patient needs to physician.
- With appropriate evidence of education, administers select medications.
- Performs assigned nursing procedure and treatments.
- Provides a safe, pleasant and comfortable environment for the patient.
- Assist in patient education
- Must comply with all safety and infection control standards appropriate to this position, including cleaning and sterilizing instruments.
- Code procedures or check codes that have been prepared.
- Call in prescriptions under NP or physician direction.
- All prescriptions called to the pharmacy or written must be documented in the patient medical record at the time of execution.
- Authenticate all entries in the medical records.
- Stocks exam rooms.
- Maintain office records and logs as directed by your supervisor.
- Other duties as required.