It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Continuous Improvement Specialist|
|Facility:||Marietta Memorial Hospital|
|Schedule:||Full Time -80 hours|
|Hours:||8am - 4:30pm|
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, provides internal consulting support to improve the patient experience by facilitating process improvement, supporting a culture of continuous improvement, and challenging the status quo.
1. Facilitates process improvement teams within and between organizational units:
· mentors and coaches teams in the use of tools eg Lean, Kaizen, process mapping, FMEA, root cause analysis) to lead improvement initiatives;
· troubleshoots to resolve roadblocks, serves as a sounding board for problem resolution and ensures smooth, continuous progress on projects;
· provides appropriate level of leadership and coaching to ensure participation and buy in from employees in order to sustain improved process.
2. Assists in developing a culture of quality throughout the entire organization, with a strong focus on ownership and quality "as how we do things" vs. quality being a separate entity within the organization; Develops rigorous control plans, working closely with process owners, project champions and senior management to ensure improvement gains are sustained on a long-term basis.
3. Manages a portfolio of projects with the requirement to bring about effective improvement; demonstrates ability to manage multiple initiatives, deadlines and priorities in a work environment with shifting time frames.
4. Develops strong working relationships across organization and with senior administration; demonstrates collaborative values and processes.
5. Manages group conflict effectively through the provision of a safe environment for conflict to surface, and manage disruptive behavior quickly and effectively; acts as a change agent and ensures that process improvement activity is being communicated, understood, and supported within the organization; challenges the status quo, while being professional and diplomatic.
6. Facilitates the development and oversees the maintenance of process measurements and implements controls to monitor current processes; researches and identifies relative benchmarks to be used in the establishment of daily management measures to ensure compliance and improvement of standard work.
7. Communicates improvement initiatives and results regularly to Quality team and upper management; assists in identifying trends, issues, and educational opportunities.
8. Contributes to the development and promotion of standard work and process standardization across the organization.
Minimum Education/Experience Required: Bachelor’s degree in related field required, master’s degree preferred; lean or other process improvement training or experience required (Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Focus Groups, and Facilitation ); 3-5 year of health care experience required; Change Management training and/or Project Management Certification highly desirable
Special Knowledge, Skills, Training: Strong analytical, project management, facilitation and presentation skills and experience required. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment. Ability to work with multiple stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, leading to the ability to create change through influence and relationship-building. Strong written and verbal communication skills, and strong attention to detail. Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Strong computer skills required, including use of spreadsheets and presentation software.