It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Laboratory Services Technician|
|Facility:||Marietta Memorial Hospital|
High school diploma or equivalent; Ability to read, write and do math as generally demonstrated by a high school diploma or GED. Phlebotomy training preferred.
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, collects blood samples, cleans lab equipment, maintains supplies and performs various clerical duties.
1. Obtains blood samples for analysis in all areas of the hospital on patients of all ages.
2. Utilize the ability to prioritize STAT, urgent, timed and routine orders. All draws must be collected at the appropriate times.
3. Maintain adequate stock of supplies. This includes stocking of carts and notifying supervisor if supplies need to be ordered.
4. Utilize the computer system that communicates between our outlying facilities and Meditech. Must perform, order and/or send orders from the Atlas system to Meditech.
5. Register using short form and order appropriate tests.
6. Label, receive, centrifuge if needed, and aliquot tubes appropriately.
7. Assist with lab clerical duties including recalling results, faxing, and calling of alert values to physicians.
8. Demonstrate the ability to operate the hand held Mobilab PC efficiently.
9. Troubleshoot hand held devices and printers when needed.
10. Assists with training new phlebotomy employees and students.
11. Clean lab equipment including carts, centrifuges, counters, hand helds, and printers.
12. Performs other related duties as requested.