At Moffitt Cancer Center, the Don & Erika Wallace Comprehensive Breast Program boasts a multispecialty, full-service clinic that offers the latest in preventive care and support for all breast-related conditions. Located in our McKinley Outpatient Center near Busch Gardens, our breast clinic provides our patients with all of the services they need from a cohesive team of doctors and other experts who specialize in breast cancer, including:
- Fellowship-trained surgeons
- Medical oncologists
- Fellowship-trained radiologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Plastic surgeons and breast reconstruction experts
- Social workers
- Fertility preservation specialists
- Genetic testing and counseling specialists
Our Breast Oncology Clinic cares for is currently looking for 18-22 patients on a daily basis. We are currently looking for a Certified Medical Assistant to join our team.
· Certified Medical Assistants are essential members of the clinic team. They contribute to the healthcare of patients by assisting with exams and procedures, organizing and managing patient flow, and taking on other responsibilities based on the needs of the department.
The Ideal Candidate
· The ideal candidate will have the following:
o Experience in an outpatient clinic setting
o Oncology experience
o Experience rooming patients
o Experience performing vitals
· Assists patients with ambulation and/or movement on/off exam table, chairs and/or in and out of wheelchairs utilizing proper body mechanics and safety measures such as, lift equipment.
· After proper patient identification, performs initial patient screening, including vital signs, screening questions, allergy information, and medication history as appropriate. Notifies appropriate staff of positive screening or abnormal vital signs. Documents collected data completely and accurately in medical record including staff notifications. Loads images in preparation for provider visit, as needed. Ensures clinic patient flow is smooth and efficient. Keeps patients and clinical team informed of delays. Communicates effectively to patients, providers, nurses, and other team members.
· Assists practitioner in patient procedures/treatments/examinations, including room preparation, patient positioning, supplies, and equipment. Departs from clinic those patients that do not require nursing intervention. Maintains and uses principles of aseptic techniques and universal precautions when performing clinical duties and tasks.
· Maintains the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care or services based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in the assigned service area. Utilizes computerized systems according to departmental needs.
· Provides support to the provider during clinic by assisting with phone calls and faxes.
· Recognizes emergency situations and implements emergency procedures. Administers first aid and CPR.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma
· Certification or Registration from one of the following organizations:
o American Association of Medical Assistants (AMAA)
o American Medical Technologists (AMT)
o National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
o National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
o National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
· BLS Certification