Research Coordinator II – Merck Spanish Language CHOICES Decision Aid
· Work to improve patient decision making and patient centered care
· Collaborate on developing, revising, and assessing a Spanish language educational tool/ web-based decision aid to improve informed decision making about participation in cancer clinical trials by Hispanic/Spanish language preferring cancer patients
· Recruit and conduct interviews with Hispanic/Spanish speaking cancer survivors
· Collect, organize, and manage qualitative and quantitative data and feedback from study participants
The Ideal Candidate:
· A professional, personable, organized individual with research experience and healthcare/medical knowledge
· Bilingual English/Spanish fluency required
· Demonstrates skills in working effectively with a team, setting appropriate goals and attaining positive results
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to foster a cooperative work environment and develop positive and effective working relationships
- Demonstrates professional maturity, a consistently positive attitude, and an energetic, can-do work approach
- Independent and self-motivated worker, able to be effective with limited supervision
· Ability to be flexible, balancing multiple priorities, deadlines, and competing interests
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Proactive and solution-oriented workstyle preferred
· Critical thinking and intellectual problem solving skills
· Ability to exercise independent judgment
· Demonstrates ability to assess priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
· Skills in organization, manuscript writing, and literature review
· Experience or education in public health or a related field
- Provide general research support to principal investigator and research project manager
- Assist with development of research protocols including scripts for qualitative interviews, data collection methodology, and recruitment strategies
- Help develop and strengthen connections and collaborations with appropriate community-based and Moffitt-based entities who will provide input into the study
- In conjunction with community and Moffitt-based organizations, identify, recruit, and enroll Spanish speaking cancer survivors into the study
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative interviews with Spanish language cancer patients and appropriate Moffitt and community stakeholders
- Under the direction of the principal investigator and/or senior study personnel, search for and retrieve relevant scientific literature
- Collect, enter, and manage data in multiple databases (e.g., Excel, Access, SPSS, etc.), ensuring data integrity and fidelity
- Assist principal investigator and research project manager in data base development, data management, and data analyses as appropriate
- Perform quality assurance and quality control data checks
- Independently prepare a comprehensive first draft of documents for submission to the IRB, for review by senior study personnel and/or principal investigator
- Document protocol exemptions and deviations, as appropriate
- Independently prepare a comprehensive first draft of documents for study sponsor or funding agencies, for review by senior study personnel and/or principal investigator
- Prepare the data, figures and references for manuscripts and scientific presentations
- Assist with report preparation, manuscripts and conference abstracts/posters
- Maintain office calendar to organize and coordinate meetings
- Monitor and assist with maintenance of project shared drive
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to copying, faxing, mailing, and filing
- Prepare agenda and make arrangements for meetings and special events
- Compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of research team meetings
- File and retrieve project documents, records and reports
- Assist with all aspects of general office coordination
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree required with 1 year of relevant experience OR Associate's degree required with 3 years of relevant experience.
· Hands on experience preferred.
· Bilingual English/Spanish fluency required
· Experience in the use of basic office equipment.
· Experience working with computers and MS Office software environment.
· Must have the ability to work well under the pressure of meeting mandatory deadlines.
· Must have good organizations skills and careful attention to details.
· Good oral and written communication skills required.
· Need to have the ability to read, write, interpret and apply instructions to assigned activities.