Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
The Clinical Research Unit (CRU)-Moffitt McKinley campus is looking for a Certified Medical Assistant.
Certified Medical Assistants are essential members of the Clinical Research Unit. They contribute to the healthcare of patients by assisting with exams and procedures, organizing and managing patient flow, and taking on other responsibilities based on the needs of the department.
- Prior experience in an outpatient setting as a Medical Assistant.
- Prior experience in PACU, ICU or Stepdown unit as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience handling sterilized equipment.
- Assists patients with ambulation and/or movement on/off exam table, chairs and/or in and out of wheelchairs utilizing proper body mechanics and safety measures such as lift equipment.
- Provides support to the provider during clinic by assisting with phone calls and faxes.
- Recognizes emergency situations and implements emergency procedures. Administers first aid and CPR.
- Assists practitioner in patient procedures/treatments/examinations, including room preparation, patient positioning, supplies and equipment.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma
· Successful completion of a Medical Assistant training program accredited by one of the two following organizations:
o Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); or
o Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
· Certification or Registration from one of the following organizations:
o American Association of Medical Assistants (AMAA)
o American Medical Technologists (AMT)
o National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
o National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
o National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
· BLS Certification
· Experience performing lab draws and EKG testing.