Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
· The Financial Counselor on the Patient Account Resolution team is responsible for working a call queue and assisting patients by processing financial assistance applications, working self-pay accounts, making payment arrangements, taking payments, providing estimates, and responding to patient account inquiries for both the hospital and physician billing.
The Ideal Candidate
· Must be proficient in mathematical calculations and various analysis techniques.
· Have strong customer service skills.
· Minimum two (2) years' experience in a healthcare related call center environment preferred.
· Answer calls from a phone queue regarding patient account inquiries, payments, financial assistance, estimates, settlements, payment plans for both the hospital and physician billing.
· Make outbound calls to patients whose accounts are delinquent.
· Attend peer reviews meetings and educations training to refine customer service skills.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High school diploma / GED required.
· Minimum of three (3) years' hospital or physician collections and/or financial counseling experience
· Working proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.