Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
Basic Cardiac Life Support
5 years experience
The Admitting Case Manager will assess for the appropriate level of care and admission status utilizing nationally recognized criteria for all admissions, both planned and unplanned. Promotes appropriate documentation which will accurately support the severity of illness and intensity of service. With respect to surgical procedures, the admitting Case Manager will collaborate with faculty and staff to ensure accurate and appropriate precertification, determination of medical necessity and patient status. When documentation is not reflective of the severity of illness and intensity of service, immediate discussion with the admitting physician will be provided to educate and facilitate the necessary documentation. The Admitting Case Manager will demonstrate the ability to discuss difficult/ sensitive subjects with physicians in an articulate and professional manner.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have experience as a registered nurse in the following:
· Case Management
· Acute care inpatient hospital setting.
· Coding and authorization experience.
· Confirm the diagnosis identified as the reason for admission and request supporting documentation as appropriate.
· Confirm that the clinical symptoms and treatment plan, including the severity of illness and intensity of service per guidelines for admissions are met, as well as, payer guidelines for admissions to include coding and authorization.
· Identifies special populations requiring additional coordination to include, but not limited to readmissions, accountable care contract participants etc.
· Maintains up to date knowledge of payer guidelines including Medicare, Medicare, Commercial Insurance, Managed Care Plans, etc...
Credentials and Qualifications:
· BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least five years of relevant experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 5 years of relevant experience and enrolled to complete BSN from an ACEN or CCNE within 3 years of hire
· FL RN License
· BCLS Certification