Our Ambulatory Internal Medicine Clinic is currently looking for Certified Medical Assistant to join our team.
· Certified Medical Assistants are essential members of the clinic team. They contribute to the healthcare of patients by assisting with exams and procedures, organizing and managing patient flow, performing administrative functions and taking on other responsibilities based on the needs of the department.
· This position is builds relationships and rapport with patients.
The Ideal Candidate
· The ideal candidate will have the following:
o Prior experience in an outpatient clinic setting as a Medical Assistant.
o Prior experience with front office functions
· Assists patients with ambulation and/or movement on/off exam table, chairs and/or in and out of wheelchairs utilizing proper body mechanics and safety measures such as, lift equipment.
· After proper patient identification, performs initial patient screening, including vital signs, screening questions, allergy information, and medication history as appropriate. Notifies appropriate staff of positive screening or abnormal vital signs. Documents collected data completely and accurately in medical record including staff notifications. Loads images in preparation for provider visit, as needed. Ensures clinic patient flow is smooth and efficient. Keeps patients and clinical team informed of delays. Communicates effectively to patients, providers, nurses, and other team members.
· Assists practitioner in patient procedures/treatments/examinations, including room preparation, patient positioning, supplies, and equipment. Departs from clinic those patients that do not require nursing intervention. Maintains and uses principles of aseptic techniques and universal precautions when performing clinical duties and tasks.
· Maintains the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care or services based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in the assigned service area. Utilizes computerized systems according to departmental needs.
· Provides support to the provider during clinic by assisting with phone calls and faxes.
· Recognizes emergency situations and implements emergency procedures. Administers first aid and CPR.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma
· Certification or Registration from one of the following organizations:
o American Association of Medical Assistants (AMAA)
o American Medical Technologists (AMT)
o National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
o National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
o National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
· BLS Certification
· Experience performing lab draws and EKG testing.