· PRN Certified Medical Assistants Floats are essential members of the clinic team. They contribute to the healthcare of patients by assisting with exams and procedures, organizing and managing patient flow, and taking on other responsibilities based on the needs of the department.
· This is a PRN Certified Medical Assistant Float position, you will be required to float throughout the clinics within Moffitt Magnolia Campus at Moffitt McKinley Outpatient Center at 10920 McKinley Dr. Tampa, FL 33612
· PRN is as needed, 40 hours is not guaranteed
The Ideal Candidate
· The ideal candidate will have the following:
o Prior experience in an outpatient clinic setting as a Medical Assistant.
o Oncology experience
o Experience rooming patients
o Experience performing vitals
· Assists patients with ambulation and/or movement on/off exam table, chairs and/or in and out of wheelchairs utilizing proper body mechanics and safety measures such as, lift equipment.
· After proper patient identification, performs initial patient screening, including vital signs, screening questions, allergy information, and medication history as appropriate. Notifies appropriate staff of positive screening or abnormal vital signs. Documents collected data completely and accurately in medical record including staff notifications. Loads images in preparation for provider visit, as needed. Ensures clinic patient flow is smooth and efficient. Keeps patients and clinical team informed of delays. Communicates effectively to patients, providers, nurses, and other team members.
· Assists practitioner in patient procedures/treatments/examinations, including room preparation, patient positioning, supplies, and equipment. Departs from clinic those patients that do not require nursing intervention. Maintains and uses principles of aseptic techniques and universal precautions when performing clinical duties and tasks.
· Maintains the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care or services based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in the assigned service area. Utilizes computerized systems according to departmental needs.
· Provides support to the provider during clinic by assisting with phone calls and faxes.
· Recognizes emergency situations and implements emergency procedures. Administers first aid and CPR.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma
· Successful completion of a Medical Assistant training program accredited by one of the two following organizations:
o Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); or
o Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
· Certification or Registration from one of the following organizations:
o American Association of Medical Assistants (AMAA)
o American Medical Technologists (AMT)
o National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
o National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
o National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
· BLS Certification
· Experience performing lab draws and EKG testing.