Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
Basic Cardiac Life Support
2 years experience
- Full Time
- Mid Shift (11am-11:30pm), Monday-Friday with rotating weekends
- The Direct Referral Center is our Urgent/Emergent Care area.
The Ideal Candidate
- Two years experience in healthcare with managed care, insurance verification, collections, and authorizations.
- Experience in a high patient volume outpatient clinical setting.
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) experience
- Computer experience, including Microsoft Excel
- Medical Assisting experience
- The Medical Office Assistant combines the duties generally assigned to the Medical Assistant and the Patient Service Representative.
- Interacting with patients to obtain information for accurate records
- Scheduling appointments, verifying orders
- Facilitating patient flow, conducting initial patient screening, and communicating pertinent information
- Preparing and maintaining exam rooms & equipment
- Assisting with phone calls and faxes
- Recognizing emergency situations and implementing emergency procedures
- Administering first aid
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant training program
- High School or GED dipoma
- BLS required
- 1 year of experience in an outpatient clinic setting
- 2 years of demonstrated customer service skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.