Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
7 years experience
· This position is responsible for reviewing, developing, negotiating, and maintaining hospital managed care agreements for the hospital consistent with Cancer Center Guidelines. In addition, the Hospital Contract Manager will serve as a problem solver who researches and resolves managed care related issues.
· Will support the development of Moffitt Cancer Center contract strategy and will provide direction on alternative payment methodologies and contract terms. This position will have an advisory role in Moffitt expansion strategies with the emphasis on payments and terms in additional markets and products. Is also responsible for developing ongoing opportunities to mprove contract efficiency and the analysis of contract performance to expectations.
The Ideal Candidate will have
· Demonstrated skill in evaluating, monitoring, and improving existing contracts. Proven ability to resolve managed care revenue cycle related problems.
· Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of managed care principles and practices, experience in fee for service and value based payment models.
· Demonstrated track record of success in negotiating with third parties including preparation and design of the negotiation as well as execution.
· Proven ability to prepare and present managed care strategies for team, stakeholders and leadership. High proficiencies with Microsoft tools especially PowerPoint.
· Demonstrated analytical skills, including financial modeling and reimbursement technologies, proficient in spreadsheet and database programs as well as legal and contractual compliance issues.
· Managed Care Contracting.
· Revenue Cycle.
· Strategic Planning.
· Patient Access.
· Managed Care Operations.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree.
· Minimum of seven (7) years' managed care contracting experience either in a hospital, hospital network, or managed care organization. Skill in composing and editing documents to include contracts, correspondence, and reports.
· Minimum of five (5) years of progressively challenging experience in managed care in the provider or payer setting.