Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
5 years experience
· This position is responsible for reviewing, developing, negotiating, and maintaining managed care agreements and delegated credentialing agreements for the Moffitt Medical Group consistent with Cancer Center Guidelines. In addition, the Physician Contract Manager will serve as a problem solver who researches and resolves managed care related issues.
· The Physician Contract Manager will support the development of Moffitt Cancer Center physician contract strategy and will provide direction on alternative payment methodologies and contract terms. This position will have an advisory role in Moffitt expansion strategies with the emphasis on physician payment and terms in additional markets and products. Will also be responsible for developing ongoing opportunities to improve contract efficiency and analysis of contract performance to expectations.
The Ideal Candidate will have
· Demonstrated track record of success in negotiating with third parties including preparation and design of the negotiation as well as execution.
· Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of managed care principles and practices with an emphasis on physician fee schedule expertise.
· Demonstrated analytical skills, including financial modeling and reimbursement technologies, proficient in spreadsheet and database programs as well as legal and contractual compliance issues.
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification preferred.
· Managed Care Contracting.
· Delegated Credentialing.
· Strategic Planning.
· Patient Access.
· Managed Care Operations.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree required.
· Minimum of five (5) years managed care contracting experience either in a physician group practice, physician network, or managed care organization. Skill in composing and editing documents to include contracts, correspondence, and reports.