We are looking for a PRN Registered Nurse for the Enterostomal Therapy Department. The WOC (ET) provides acute and rehabilitative care to patients with selected gastrointestinal, genitourinary, and integumentary systems disorders. This includes direct patient care for abdominal stomas, wounds, fistulas, drains, pressure ulcers, and continence skin care. The WOC (ET) nurse also plays a pivotal role as educator and consultant giving guidance to promote optimal patient outcomes for ostomy, wound and skin issues. Requires flexible hours.
· The PRN Registered Nurse delivers individualized quality nursing care to cancer patients and families in accordance with established hospital guidelines, nursing professional practice model, nursing care standards and policies and in accordance with ANA code of ethics and external regulatory agencies.
· PRN Registered Nurses embody the vision, mission, and philosophy of Moffitt Nursing and are committed to and accountable for personalized patient and family centered care and the concepts of Duffy's quality caring model/caring factors. These frameworks of care include: collaboration and mutual problem solving, dignity and human respect, encouraging manner, attentive reassurance, appreciation of unique meaning, healing environment, basic human needs, information sharing, caring for self, and affiliation needs.
· PRN Registered Nurses use the nursing process to effectively plan and manage quality patient care. Biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning needs are addressed in all steps of the nursing process. This is demonstrated in base-line and comparative documentation, entered in a timely manner, and with evidence of age-appropriate consideration when care is planned, delivered, and evaluated.
The Ideal Candidate
· The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
o Stomas, wounds, fistulas, and drains
o Pressure ulcers
o Gastrointestinal and genitourinary diversions
· Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, and evaluate the care of cancer patients and families. Integrates patient and family centered care and the quality caring factors into practice
· Identifies, documents, and provides patient education based on learning needs of the patient
· Participates in Evidence based improvement activities related to area of practice
· Participates in professional development based on the nursing professionals standards, regulatory requirements, and job expectations
Credentials and Qualifications:
· BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least one year of relevant experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 2 years of relevant experience and enrolled to complete BSN from an ACEN or CCNE within 3 years of hire
· FL RN License
· BLS Certification