Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner – Moffitt at International Plaza
Based at the Moffitt at International Plaza campus, this primarily outpatient Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant position provides patient care under the auspices of the Moffitt Medical Group (MMG), supports department Medical Oncologists & Infusion Center patients, and serves as member of the academic medical enterprise; advancing the institutional mission of contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer.
· Assists physicians with the evaluation, management and treatment of a wide spectrum of patients from all medical oncology disciplines.
· Works within a defined scope of practice and under the authority of supervising physician(s) or by specific protocol(s).
The Ideal Candidate:
· Clinical professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission, and who takes pride in delivering world class patient care in a collaborative, learning environment.
· The successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, patient focused provider.
· Provides patient care as a member of an interdisciplinary team, working with many specialists to coordinate and optimize patient care.
· Correlates subjective and objective data to formulate a differential or working diagnosis.
· Formulates treatment plans for medical conditions within scope of practice.
· May perform minor surgical procedures within scope of practice.
· Prescribes oral and IV medications when appropriate, within the scope of practice.
· Documents patient care in accordance with medical staff rules.
· Manages acute medical issues related to chemotherapeutic infusions.
· Primary team member for Rapid Response Team, while on duty.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree at minimum; master's degree preferred.
· Graduate of an accredited Advanced Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant program.
· Active FL medical license (or the ability to obtain one) and certification by the appropriate accreditation body.
· Active BLS & active ACLS.
· Experience in oncology or general internal medicine; specific experience preferred.