Environmental Services Aide I :
· Responsible for performing a variety of duties, using various equipment and supplies to maintain established cleanliness, sanitation, and disinfection standards.
· Maintain safety throughout the Cancer Center complying with JCAHO, OSHA, CDC, NFPA, DOH, and Cancer Center policies.
The Ideal Candidate
· Supports co-workers by maintaining attendance requirements.
· Demonstrates willingness to adapt to changing individual and institutional roles, needs, and environment.
· Is dedicated to superior customer service and satisfaction.
· Consistently provides quality products/services.
· Maintains awareness and follows safety policies and procedures applicable to assigned duties.
· High touch surface disinfection; cleaning all visibly soiled/stained horizontal and vertical surfaces.
· Replenishing paper and plastic supplies and hand hygiene products.
· Hard surface floor and carpet maintenance may include: dust/damp mopping, vacuuming, bonneting, extraction, scrubbing, buffing, and stripping.
· Infectious/non-infectious waste removal including medical, hazardous, municipal, recycling, and linen.
· Assist with event set-up and break down.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High school Diploma or Equivalent required
· Please note, an additional 6 months healthcare/hospitality/customer service experience may be considered on top of the 6 months experience required in lieu of a HS Diploma or GED
· 6 months healthcare/environmental experience OR 6 months service/hospitality related experience.
· Must successfully complete a training program provided by the ES department and achieve competency in all duties.
· Ability to follow oral/written instruction and communicate effectively (speaking and reading) in English.