Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
The Business Planning Consultant is responsible for assisting the Manager of Business Development and Chief Strategy Officer in the evaluation, management and execution of corporate strategic and business development initiatives. The individual will support the assessment and implementation of new business models and revenue opportunities primarily within the organization. Principal responsibilities involve leading multi-disciplinary teams and processes to:
• Perform due diligence and Business Case Assessments for new corporate strategies, business initiatives, product and service innovations, and partnership opportunities (to a limited extent);
• Prepare and present Business Case Assessments and Business Plan materials to senior leaders that aid in making conclusions and decisions pertaining to business development;
• Develop Business Plans for opportunities and initiatives that directly affect the organization's bottom line and where a business case has been made;
• Conceive a Project Plan for developing and/or executing on the Business Plan;
• Lead an interdisciplinary team and process for Implementing the Project Plan;
• Create and maintain timely Status Reports for each Business Development Project for the benefit of the senior leadership team;
• Works closely with Program Leaders and "Business Owners" throughout the business development and planning processes; to whom the "project" will ultimately be transitioned upon completion.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree required, degree in Management/Finance preferred
• Master's degree strongly preferred
• 3+ years demonstrated experience managing complex and strategic projects that require consensus.
• 8+ years of experience in business optimization, problem-solving, and/or in strategic suctioning roles with progressive responsibility, preferably applicable to health care business development activities.
**Master's degree with six (6) years of relevant business experience may be considered "in lieu of" a Bachelor's degree and eight (8) years of business experience listed above.
• Demonstrated experience managing projects and/or programs that drive the planning and execution of business strategy and business development activities.
• Demonstrated experience in business analytics to assess and develop strategic solutions for complex business opportunities and programs across a matrixed organization.
• Business consulting experience in health care preferred.
• Experience working in an academic medical center preferred.