The Architecture and Construction Services Program Manager is responsible for the management of all space planning activities, development, implementation, project support, and construction administration of capital projects. The Manager will work within the Division of Facilities and Support Services as a member of that team in delivering the highest level of customer service to Moffitt Cancer Center and develop, monitor and maintain design standards. Position will be key leader in managing our Facility Master Plan(s), defining the scope to the end-user's project, and validating the legitimacy of end-user requests. In addition, the Manager will support our Integrated Facility Design team which focuses on continuous improvement/lean methodologies to design improved work environments that are patient centered, safe, efficient and affordable thus informing the architectural, construction and design processes.
Assists in facility master planning and the development/management of major facility initiative project scope and budgets
Monitors progress of project design and construction process, delegates staff assignments, and maintains workloads to achieve optimal productivity levels
Assists in sourcing high quality design vendor partners and performing regular evaluations and performance assessments
Manage team complexity - plan, organize and supervise the work of staff (~5-10+ team members and consultants)
Credentials and Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, and/or Construction Management or related field required
· Florida Licensed Architect - licensing from The Florida Board of Architecture and Interior Design required.
- Valid Florida Driver's License required
· Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in architecture and design, working through every phase of program development, design, and construction from initial programing through project close out experience required. Including four (4) years project management experience coordinating the conceptual planning through the completion phases in the design and construction of health care, research lab, administrative, parking, or large campus facilities.
· Five (5) years in a supervisory role (may be inclusive of other experience) is required.