Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
Advanced Care Life Support
Basic Cardiac Life Support
5 years experience
Under general supervision, following established policies, procedures, and professional guidelines, delivers nursing care to patients; young adult through geriatric. Plans and implements nursing care; documents nursing assessments, identifies and report situations requiring further intervention, formulates and communicates goal directed plan of care; assures patient rights. Provides further nursing assessment and critical thinking to manage/intervene with patients presenting questionable or complex issues, or clinical deterioration in response to requests from direct care staff, concerned patients and/or their family members, and medical staff or from clinical concerns/observations during targeted rounds. Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team in regards to patient treatments, interventions and disposition according to existing policies and protocols. Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and principles of quality improvement.
The Ideal Candidate
· The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Five years' experience as a professional nurse, including a minimum of two years in critical care and/or a hospital emergency department
· Recognize emergent situations and intervene accordingly per institutional and nursing policy. Follow nurse driven RRT protocol orders within the guidelines adopted by Moffitt Cancer Center.
· Utilize critical thinking skills and involve other disciplines to aid in the provision of safe and effective patient care.
· Elicit significant clinical data from staff to effectively triage calls and responses.
· Collaborate with patient's RN and physician regarding patient assessment and facilitate transfer as necessary to a higher level of care.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least five years of relevant experience
· FL RN License
· ACLS Certification
· BLS Certification