The Payer Strategy Business Consultant is responsible for assisting the Payer Strategies team and Vice President of Payer Strategies in the evaluation, management and execution of Payer Strategies overall initiatives and business development initiatives. The individual will support the assessment and implementation of new payment programs, revenue opportunities and develop the business case for the initiatives. They will support the strategic goals and the mission of Moffitt Cancer Center.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Executive Functioning Skills: effective at organizing, planning, prioritization, focused attention to detail, multi-tasking, taking initiative, setting and achieving goals, and self-control
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; able to build relationships, collaborate, negotiate and influence across all levels of the organization with diplomacy
· Polished presentation skills –both written and oral – that meet expectations of senior executives and clients; both internal and external
· Strong executive presence; ability to interact with senior executives and influence without authority
· Ability to work autonomously in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
· Developing and making assessments on new business models for including payment structure, value based care components, quality, and critical contract terms.
· Organizing and facilitating cross functional teams for each project, soliciting input from all key constituents, developing project budgets, reporting project status and milestones consistently and adhering to deadlines.
· Prepare communication of initiatives and presents to VP of payer strategies as well as senior management. Supports approval process/implements feedback into the design as necessary.
· Supports the payer negotiation process by review of internal and external environment, design and communication of strategies which support growth through program access.
· Research and development of approaches to respond to market place challenges, such as narrow network, new payers, employer requirements, and price transparency.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree in Management, Finance or related field
· Master Degree preferred
· Four (4) years demonstrated experience managing complex and strategic projects that require consensus with preference to knowledge of managed care
· Six (6) years of experience in business optimization, problem-solving, and/or in strategic solution roles with progressive responsibility, preferably applicable to health care managed care or third party initiatives and activities
o Master's Degree with four (4) years of relevant business experience may be considered "in lieu of" a Bachelor's degree and six (6) years of business experience listed above.
· Demonstrated experience managing projects and/or programs that drive the planning and executing of business strategy and business development activities as related to networks, managed care and new payer relationships.
· Demonstrated experience in business analytics to assess and develop strategic solutions for complex business opportunities and leading initiatives across a matrixed organization
· Proficiency with Microsoft office – Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Business consulting experience in health care
· Experience working in an academic medical center