Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
The Driver and Parking and Transportation staff is responsible for the safety and timely transport of patients, visitors, and staff between various Center buildings. The driver may also be responsible to assist in the daily support operations of Moffitt satellite operations depending on needs of the department. He/she may also responsible for parking enforcement efforts on the Moffitt campus depending on department need.
· Provide safe and timely transportation in support of Moffitt satellite operations including medical supplies, clinical & research lab specimen transports, pharmaceutical transports and/or other routine information/materials exchanges between MCC campuses.
· Assist in the maintenance of a safe, clean, and well maintained vehicle(s).
· Present a positive guest related image to all as a representative of the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma/GED
· Evidence of a safe driving record.
· Ability to operate vehicles of various sizes and abilities from electric and gas driven trams to full sized vans.
· Ability to visually inspect key pre-determined components of vehicle and determine if vehicle condition is safe for operation.
· Knowledge of and able to perform routine preventative maintenance on all vehicles (fluid level checks, tire pressure checks, etc.).
· Intermediate computer skill level, to include MS excel, outlook, calendar, internet map and geographical software programs as well as use of blackberry for email communication and calendar scheduling.
· Excellent customer service skills.