· Deliver informatics solutions to multiple projects/teams and assist in design, interpretation, and visualization of data
· Administration/support of ORIEN Avatar Molecular Data Access Portal including development and management of appropriate file/folder structures, scripts, automation to support customer needs.
· Administration, configuration, and support of ORIEN Avatar Informatics Modules.
· Release coordination and management of ORIEN Avatar Informatics Solution.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Familiarity with next-generation sequencing concepts and data types.
· Willingness and ability to learn new skills quickly.
· Possess and display excellent written and verbal communication skills in all methods of communications to both external and internal end users.
· Performs software/database development for specific projects with guidance from more senior developers.
· Collaboratively engage faculty, staff and senior software developers for project initiation, development of scope of work and project rollout.
· Must maintain accurate and appropriate records of software and database development, core usage and time management.
· Must be able to perform with adequate supervision and follow project deliverables and timelines.
· Work on the ongoing production, release and development cycles for M2Gen's Informatics Platform
Credentials and Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Bioinformatics/IT related field.
Background in information systems/IT required and prior experience with next generation sequencing data is preferred
· 2-3 years' experience scripting (Python, Bash, or similar)
· 2-3 years OS support (Unix, Windows, Lunix)
· 2-3 years' experience in application administration including user administration, release management, user support)
· Java, C++ experience a plus
· Excellent SQL/database development and optimization background strongly preferred.