ETL Developer II
· This position works as an integral part of M2Gen Technology Department, assumes a key role in building and maintaining an Enterprise wide data integration for the organization. This position will play a lead role in strategic initiatives by designing and implementing data solutions for clinical, research, and molecular data. Works closely with M2Gen's personnel, ORIEN members, Pharma Clients, and IT staff to ensure their data as well as reporting requirements are met through EDW.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
· Experience is designing and implementing data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
· Advanced knowledge of T-SQL including complex SQL queries and best practices
· Knowledge of relational database architecture, data warehousing.
· Proficient in writing PL/SQL, or T-SQL procedures and functions
· Agile development experience preferred
· Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to effectively work in a large, geographically diverse systems
· Analyze, design, document, develop, unit test, and support ETL development for Enterprise data warehouse.
· Work with business owners and data architects to analyze business requirements, use-cases, and specifications and define the optimal ETL strategy and solution.
· Actively engages in driving strategic initiatives, and the related goals, to ensure the most optimal outcome.
· Conduct design sessions to peer review ETL strategy and data models
· Work towards continuous improvement of existing ETL jobs and data models to improve data load and retrieval performance
· Provides on-call production support on a rotational basis, including monitoring and facilitate resolution of support and production related ETL and data issues
· Working knowledge of SDLC and BI methodologies, particularly Data Warehousing
· Sets design, test, documentation and implementation standards in accordance with HIPPA and other patient data management policies and ensures that data management systems adhere to them.
· Build, unit test, and maintain ETL packages, source code, stored procedures and other scripts used to test and load data.
· Recommend and implement indexes and other tuning or design options to elicit performance gains.
· Work in concert with the ETL team as a whole, ensuring communication particularly with overlapping efforts.
· Verify code deployments, ensuring the correct build versions have been deployed to new environments.
· Participate in technical, internal unit testing to ensure accuracy of deliverables for self and peer.
· Communicate effectively with business users, team, M2Gen staff and management
· Perform other relevant duties as required and assigned
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Related field
· Minimum 5 years of experience working in Information Systems
· Minimum 4 years of experience in ETL design and development.