The Marketing & Communications Manager will guide the development and strategy for communications, branding of ORIEN and M2Gen, sales collateral, sales tools, and other relevant communication tactics to consistently articulate the mission M2Gen and ORIEN to internal and external stakeholders. This position will provide strategic marketing solutions and communications expertise that produce tangible results and provide careful planning, precision execution, and maximum performance that support M2Gen's business plans and marketing growth initiatives in a cost-effective manner.
· Leads development & execution of a strategic communications program (educational & promotional) to support ORIEN membership program & initiatives.
· Leads development & execution of external strategic communications and media strategy program for M2Gen, in collaboration with Moffitt's PR liaison for M2Gen and external PR firms.
· Develops, writes and edits content on various M2Gen directed websites, SharePoint sites and social media for external stakeholders.
· Develops collateral marketing materials relevant to stakeholder audience and communication goals.
· Identifies and advises M2Gen leadership on stories of news value. Researches and writes news releases, media alerts, talking points, Q&A and other media relations tools & coordinates with external media firms and/or Moffitt PR, for execution.
· Researches and recommends best practices, trends and techniques to improve message development and understanding.
· Serves as M2Gen's key media relations resource, working with Moffitt PR, ORIEN member's PR representatives and appropriate outside agencies to ensure proactive and positive messaging. Tracks all media clips on M2Gen and ORIEN and reports to M2Gen Senior Leadership.
The Ideal Candidate
· Minimum of 5 years combined professional experience in developing internal and external communications, public relations, media relations, public affairs or related position.
· Experience in healthcare, academic medicine, biotech or research organization.
· Outstanding communication skills, writing skills, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to translate complex science and research into easily understandable concepts.
· Outstanding organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines. This position must have professional and clear communication skills at all times.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Mass Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field.