PRN (On Call / As Needed) APRN / PA-C – Supportive Care Medicine
*Please note: this is a non-benefitted, PRN or 'On Call' position; those not interested in this type of position are encouraged to review/apply to other applicable Moffitt opportunities.
Based in the Supportive Care Medicine Department, the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant provides patient care under the auspices of the Moffitt Medical Group (MMG), and serves as member of the academic medical enterprise; advancing the institutional mission of contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer.
· Assists physicians with the evaluation, management and treatment of a wide spectrum of patients with different medical problems, procedures and co-morbidities.
· Works within a defined scope of practice and under the authority of supervising physician(s) or by specific protocol(s).
The Ideal Candidate:
· Clinical professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission, and who takes pride in delivering world class patient care in a collaborative, learning environment.
· The successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, patient focused provider.
· Provides patient care as a member of an interdisciplinary team, working with many specialists to coordinate and optimize patient care.
· Correlates subjective and objective data to formulate a differential or working diagnosis.
· Formulates treatment plans for medical conditions within scope of practice.
· May perform minor surgical procedures within scope of practice.
· Prescribes oral and IV medications when appropriate, within the scope of practice.
· Documents patient care in accordance with medical staff rules.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree at minimum; master's degree preferred.
· Graduate of an accredited Advanced Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant program.
· Active FL medical license (or the ability to obtain one) and certification by the appropriate accreditation body.
· Active BLS.
· Experience in oncology or general internal medicine; experience specific to the specialty is preferred but not required.