· Responsible for rapid data abstraction, data management and data analysis in the ORIEN & M2Gen Data Systems in compliance with ORIEN & project-level guidelines consistent with the American College of Surgeon's Commission on Cancer accreditation program and other mandated reporting requirements.
· Responsible for data retrieval, data comprehension and data integration in the full spectrum of all disease sites of cancer (Diagnosis; Clinical and Pathological Staging; SEER Summary Staging and Treatment Coding and classification).
· Training of M2Gen and ORIEN Member Site abstraction staff may be required. Some business travel may be required
The Ideal Candidate will demostrate:
· Knowledge of tumor nomenclature and classification with ability to code topography and morphology is required.
· Utilizes critical thinking skills to review and interpret patient documentation for the purpose of abstracting.
· Must be proficient and very familiar with the National Comprehensive Cancer Network's (NCCN) guidelines in treatment and indications for the choice of therapy (surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, hormonal, immunotherapy).
· Ability to comprehensively review the medical record and determine the appropriate plan of treatment for each patient in order to seek out the required treatment information.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· An Associate's Degree in Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Public Health, Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Computer Science, or other related field OR In lieu of AA degree, HS/GED with 2 additional years cancer registry experience
· BS Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Public Health, Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Computer Science, RN, or other related field strongly preferred.
· CTR (Certified Tumor Registrar) Certification Required
· Minimum of one (1) year cancer registry experience, one (1) year or more cancer registry abstracting experience in an American College of Surgeon's Commission on Cancer NCI designated or teaching/research approved program preferred.
· Minimum one (1) year or more experience in analyzing, coding and abstracting medical records.
· One (1) year or more experience working with a computerized cancer registry database.
· Experience utilizing database technology and EMR (Electronic Medical Records) system.
· Minimum one (1) year or more working knowledge of medical technology
· Minimum one (1) year or more working with Microsoft Office and other PC database applications.
· Strong typing skills.
· Demonstration of strong verbal, written, listening and analytical skills.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision in a quickly changing environment.