This position functions as the primary point of contact, triage and support for their appointed ORIEN member institutions, including support for: implementation & ongoing operations of Total Cancer Care Protocol; support for identification, coordination and/or preparation of member specific education & communication tools for their members and, coordinating with Manager ORIEN Member Relations, identifying materials and best practices that can benefit all ORIEN member sites across all Research Managers; activation, support, triaging and benchmarking/reporting of their sites' performance on projects; coordination and troubleshooting to resolve member site challenges related to data transmission, specimen collection, processing and shipping, and any member specific commitments. Focuses on solutions to member issues/impediments and identifies opportunities to expand solutions to all member sites to increase member satisfaction and ORIEN efficiencies. Identifies, supports and encourages opportunities for members to pursue research projects, grants and clinical trials across the network; provides support throughout the project vetting , scientific review, grant writing, activation and project completion, working closely with Manager ORIEN Member Relations.
· Provides day-to-day relationship management and support to assigned ORIEN member institutions including: support for education & implementation of the Total Cancer Care Protocol and ORIEN Avatar tissue/data sharing program and successful pursuit and completion of research projects involving ORIEN members (intermember or extramural).
· Identifies and communicates/contributes best practices from their representative member sites to develop ORIEN-wide membership best practice guidelines, working with ORIEN Manager of Member Relations.
· Monitors progress and metrics for ORIEN members assigned including up-to-date maintenance of membership profiles and trends.
· Identifies opportunities that will provide research funding and publications for ORIEN members.
· Assists in developing and execution of internal and external communications to ensure consistent messaging and understanding across all members.
· Subject Matter Expert for M2Gen and ORIEN sites for clinical data acquisition, utilization and sharing. Understanding of oncology clinical data ontologies, cancer registry reporting and standards, and technologies to enable data sharing. Understanding of human subject, HIPAA and other regulatory requirements for data/specimen exchange research studies.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Professional with experience in management of multi-institutional research projects and/or programs.
· Highly reliable with outstanding planning & follow through to ensure projects/initiatives move forward efficiently and effectively to completion.
· Outstanding oral/written communication and interpersonal/networking skills.
· Excellent customer service & problem solving skills with ability to proactively identify issues/trends and solutions to address conflicts.
· Highly organized and able to handle multiple internal/external relationships at a time
· Ability to significantly contribute to the overall ORIEN team effort while also able to work well independently.
· Able to travel (~40%) to ORIEN member sites and/or meetings.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Biomedical Sciences, Health or Bioinformatics field.
· 3 years of experience in biomedical and/or multi-institutional research administration/project related experience with at least 1 year in oncology.
· Working knowledge of human subject protection & other regulatory standards, in particular as they relate to clinical trials and/or bio banking.
· Experience in multi-institutional research studies.
· Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience in data exchange, data management, cancer registry programs