The Business Development and Alliance Management Manager ("BD/ AM") is responsible for the day to day activities related to securing new business and retention of existing collaborations with Biopharma partners. The BD/ AM Manager role will be responsible for lead generation, prospect management and presentations on M2Gen's offerings to prospective and existing partners. M2Gen is looking for a proactive, strategically thinking individual, with a proven track record of successfully securing new business within the Pharmaceutical and/or Biotech market.
In this role, the successful candidate will oversee the contracting process from inception to execution by working with prospective partners to understand key objectives, collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop a scope of work and associated budget. The BD/ AM Manager will support collaborations with M2Gen's Biopharma partners, in particular ensuring delivery on existing projects, and identify and scope new opportunities by building and deepening relationships across different teams at M2Gen's Biopharma partner organizations.
The successful candidate will be highly collaborative, able to work broadly across the organization and cross-functionally with internal stakeholders- most notably BD/AM peers, Product Development, Operations, Technology, Marketing, and Finance. The individual in this role will serve as a key communication channel between M2Gen's key stakeholders: Biopharma companies and ORIEN Members. As such, the successful candidate will need to exhibit strong tactical thinking, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to navigate the organizational culture and teams at both M2Gen and Biopharma partners. Attention to detail and the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment will be critical to success.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry or life sciences
· 10+ years in healthcare or life sciences field.
· 5+ years in pharmaceutical sales, business development, project management and/ or alliance management, in a CRO, Pharmaceutical, Med Device or Biotech environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Working knowledge of oncology field and drug development process.
· Demonstrated ability to sell highly technical, pharmaceutical services to sophisticated Biopharma customers.
· Experience in National Accounts, Capital Equipment or other long-sales cycle roles.
· Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key technical personnel with Biopharma partners.
· Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in the planning and execution of projects, ideally across multiple functional areas and various development phases.
· Experience with managing multiple projects with the ability to deliver high quality results in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
· Exceptional listening and speaking skills and a high level of attention to detail and nuance.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Proven track record of lead generation, prospect management and negotiation.
· Ability to navigate and communicate across organizations with different cultures.
· Ability to identify and develop sales leads, professionally present capabilities, manage the sales process through to close and handle all aspects of contract negotiations.
· Exceptional complex organizational and multitasking skills.
· Strong analytical ability and critical thinking skills.
· Comfort in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Comfort working independently and as part of a team.
· Passion for science and learning
· May require significant (>50%) travel