M2Gen, is hiring a Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Data Scientist to support its ORIEN Avatar research program. ORIEN Avatar brings the nation's leading cancer centers and biopharmaceutical companies together in a first-of-its kind initiative to share and study "big data" within a cutting-edge informatics environment. The Senior Bioinformatics and NGS Data Scientist works internally with IT, bioinformatics and product teams and externally with service and technology vendors to coordinate key operational aspects of generating and delivering molecular data in support of this unique program. The NGS Data Scientist is responsible for delivering properly processed and analyzed NGS data (WES and RNAseq) to ORIEN researchers and pharma sponsors.
Specific duties include seeking input from ORIEN and pharma bioinformaticians, identifying, evaluating and selecting various NGS pipelines for processing and WES and RNAseq data, performing the corresponding pipeline analyses and sequencing related QC, and communicating the pipeline related analysis results internally and externally, interacting with ORIEN members and pharma sponsors to help them use the Avatar data and address their specific questions.
The candidate should be experienced in NGS pipeline analysis and data management, proficient in Python coding, expert using UNIX/Linux systems, shell scripting, familiar with software packages like R, Rstudio, and track records of problem solving
Education and Experience Required:
· Master's degree in Bioinformatics or related field and 10+ years of relevant experience
· Or Ph.D. and 6+ years of experience in bioinformatics and NGS analysis
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
· Solid programming skills in R, Python or another high level programming language
· Expert in NGS pipeline analyses
· Knowledge and experience of Unix/Linux, proficient in shell command scripting
· Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
· Strong IT skills
· Willingness and ability to learn new skills quickly
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team in a fast paced environment