The Department of Immunology at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute (Moffitt) is seeking outstanding applicants for a tenure track faculty position at the Assistant, Associate or Senior Member/Full Professor level.
· Research projects focused on any of the following areas: molecular approaches and signal transduction mechanisms related to studies of T cells, chemokines, and the tumormicroenvironment, gene regulation, bioinformatics, cancer genetics, and functional genomics.
· Areas of interest can include, but need not be limited to: T cell signaling, roles of myeloid cells in cancer, mechanisms of immunosuppression in the tumor microenvironment, novel checkpoint inhibitory mechanisms, regulatory lymphocytes at tumor beds and epigenetic mechanisms governing anti-tumor immunity.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Develop independent research program in Immunology that complements the Department's existing strengths in the immunobiology of cancer and cancer immunotherapy.
· Candidates with demonstrated strength in any area of immunobiology will be considered, but preference will be given to candidates with a record of accomplishments and/or research plans focused on tumor immunology.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· PhD or MD/PhD degree, suitable doctoral and postdoctoral training in Immunology, and an outstanding track record of top-tier publications in the function of the immune system.
· Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, their Curriculum Vitae, a synopsis of their past and current research programs (2-4 pages), and the names of 3 individuals who could provide letters of reference to Dr. José Conejo-García, Chair of the Department of Immunology at Moffitt, via e-mail to Jose.Conejo-Garcia@moffitt.org.
The generous recruitment package includes a highly competitive salary, a laboratory start-up fund, ample laboratory space and a stimulating and highly collaborative and collegial environment. Notably, Moffitt offers unique collaborative opportunities in numerous immunotherapeutic trials, in addition to a state-of-the-art FDA approved CLIA certified GMP Cell Therapy Facility.