· Responsible for the clinical data abstraction for ORIEN patients across multiple sites in support of ORIEN Avatar and other data-driven projects
The Ideal Candidate
· Experienced registry abstractor with supervisory roles in one or more facilities. Experience in an NCI designated site registry is a plus, and ORIEN Member site experience preferred.
· The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, and will be very engaged with ORIEN staff and will work closely with members of the M2Gen Operational Services & Support and ORIEN Member Relations teams.
· The candidate will be a self-starter and work to establish a strategic documentation system for current and future ORIEN clinical data abstraction needs.
· Responsible for rapid data abstraction, data management and data analysis in the ORIEN & M2Gen Data Systems in compliance with ORIEN & project-level guidelines consistent with the American College of Surgeon's Commission on Cancer accreditation program and other mandated reporting requirements.
· Responsible for data retrieval, data comprehension and data integration in the full spectrum of all disease sites of cancer
· Training of M2Gen and ORIEN Member Site abstraction staff may be required.
· Some business travel may be required.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree in Public Health, Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Computer Science, Nursing, or related field required. In lieu of a Bachelor's, a candidate with an Associate's degree with 2 additional years (8 years total) or High Diploma/GED with 4 additional years (10 years total) cancer registry experience in a CoC approved program will be considered.
· Must be a Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)
· Minimum of 6+ years of oncology experience abstracting, analyzing, and coding tumor disease information into source systems and databases (prefer NCI designated cancer center experience)